Monday, October 27, 2008

my birthday!

Well, on October 17th I turned the big 31! Last year Lance threw me a big surprise party, so this year we took it easy. My awesome hubby took the day off so he could treat me to my favorite breakfast place, Le Peep! Lance and Zane took me there for brunch and afterwards we headed to look around at Academy. After a fun morning we came home and I took a long nap. Lance watched Zane so I got about 2 hours of interrupted sleep. Lance and Zane went to Fair Oaks to pick up Lawton; when they returned we went to have dinner at our neighbors. They were so sweet to have steaks and some very tasty sides for a birthday dinner. Debbie was even so kind to have a cake made for me. So very sweet. We are so blessed to have wonderful neighbors.
Leaving there around 9:00, we fed the horses and then went to the San Antonio Airport to welcome home our "family" from Riverside. They had been in Israel/Turkey for 17 days. We were so happy to see them all return home safe and with so much knowledge to share. I loved seeing the children's faces as they saw their mom or dad step off of the plane. That was the perfect way to end my birthday!

Zane trying on silly hats at Academy!


Look at this wonderful sinful chocolate kiss! LOVE IT!!!! Zane drank half of it though!




4 comments:

Jamie King said...

I love the hat! He is such a cute bug!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! We're only about 2 weeks apart (Yes, I'm the older one)! I had a surprise birthday last year, too. Happy Belated Birthday!

-Kelli Weakly

Jen Taylor said...

So Fun! I had my camera for the Israel people's return and didn't take any pictures either. It was really cool seeing their (tired) faces!

Liz*** said...

Happy late b-day!